In an increasingly protectionist world, Canada embraces refugees, pushes for more ambitious climate change efforts, and maintains an open, liberal economy. Can the Canadian model sustain and thrive under the current state of international political affairs?
What does a Trump presidency mean for Canadian trade and the future of its clean energy sector? Could these external events be a source of opportunity for Canadian business? As a leader in artificial intelligence, will Canada capitalize on this moment to establish itself as a hub for global talent and technological innovation?
Join Daniel Franklin, executive editor of The Economist and 200 leading policymakers, business decision-makers, and critical thinkers for a day of thought-provoking discussions on the issues shaping Canada’s business climate now and in the next 150 years.
Download the programme for full event details.
Register here – BCCTC members get 15% off in tickets ~ email us to get your promo code
- How can companies expand their horizons and look beyond their operation and short-term gains towards a sustainable future?
- What are the priorities and ambitions of the next generation of leaders catalysing positive change?
- How can we shape sustainable health care, innovation and adaption for an ageing population?
- What do businesses get out of immigration and diversity?
- What will a Trump presidency mean for the energy markets in the United States and Canada and how will this affect the sustainability agenda?
- Oxford-style debate: Silicon Valley meets Bob Marley, the right way to do drugs
Past speaker highlights:
- Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister, Canada
- Bill Morneau, Minister of Finance, Canada
- Andrea Stairs, Managing director, eBay Canada
- Andrew Leach, Associate professor, Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
- Cameron Fowler, Group head, BMO Financial Group
Companies in attendance last year:
- eBay Canada
- Ontario Energy Association
- BlackRock Investment Institute
- Bank of Montreal
- Business Council of Canada
- Canada Goose
- JP Morgan Chase
- Mastercard, Canada
- Royal Bank of Canada
- TD Bank Group
- Yahoo Canada
President and chief executive, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
Chief trade commissioner, Global Affairs Canada
President and chief executive, Desjardins Group
Lead, Google Brain
Chief executive, Bruce Mau
Associate Professor of Political Science, University of Toronto
Canada correspondent, The Economist
Executive Editor, The Economist
President and chief executive, Farmers Edge
President and chief executive, Hydro-Québec
Founder and chief executive, Starburst Accelerator