United Kingdom votes to leave the European Union.
Yesterday, the British electorate made a historic decision to leave the European Union. As a result of the vote, British Prime Minister, David Cameron, announced his resignation this morning. It is expected that a new Prime Minister will be selected in the fall.
My team and I would like to reassure everyone (especially our members) that this result has no impact whatsoever on our operations and our commitment to your business needs and the Canada-UK relationship.
With our partners in the UK, Europe, Canada and the U.S., we will be working with our members to help them to stay ahead of events. We will be sharing their best insights and analysis, providing information that will help you protect and move forward in your transatlantic business interests with the UK.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or the team if you have any questions or concerns.
Tel: 905 891 5656
For your reference:
- EU Referendum BABC – British American Business Council
- COBCOE – Council of British Chambers of Commerce in Europe – statement on UK EU Referendum result
- “Thoughts on the Canadian Dollar after the UK Referendum” – from the Desk of AFEX
- “Independence Day”: A Seismic Shift in British and European Politics The Political Consequences – Interel Insight
- Today’s Events and What Happens Next – Brexit Timeline – Interel Insight